Nurture Marketing: How to Be Remembered When Buyers are Ready

Nurture Marketing: How to Be Remembered When Buyers are Ready

This is Episode 36 of This Old New Business weekly business podcast with Jeff Korhan.

Randall Craig attributes his business success to the implementation of systems that automate strategic touchpoints for adding value and nurturing relationships with prospective buyers and clients. Think of it as content marketing on autopilot.

When you listen to the audio you will probably learn some new terms, such as journey mapping and omni-channel marketing. More important is that you will learn how use them to strategically deliver the right content at the right time so that your company is remembered when buyers in your audience are ready choose a business to work with.

Our Featured Guest: Randall Craig

Nurture Marketing: How to Be Remembered When Buyers are ReadyRandall Craig helps organizations land their digital strategy airplane through a more integrated approach to marketing. Randall has been advising on Web Strategy since 1994, and is the author of 7 books, including The Everything Guide to Starting an Online Business, Social Media for Business, and Online PR and Social Media.

Building an Automated Nurture Marketing System

When your small business responds to an inquiry, the expected response is often “yes” or “no.” Though in reality the prospective buyer may actually be thinking “not yet” when he or she says no. 

This is the nurture marketing oppportunty. When your business has an automated nurture marketing system in place to engage with new connections, it will be remembered when that buyers is ready to make a decision.

Business success is quite often described as a marathon. It’s all about grinding it out. This is why nurture or “drip” marketing works so well. There are hundreds of reasons why buyers are not ready, which is why your business wants to regularly send them useful information to guide them along their buyers journey.

If you consider your nurture marketing sequence to be purposeful touchpoints, then they can be integrated into an overall strategy that includes traditional mail, social media, and face-to-face meetings. It should all be designed to help your buyer so that our business is the remembered and trusted when the time is right to choose.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on nurture marketing? Meet me over on Twitter to take the conversation further.

Lighting Round Tips and Advice

Randall’s Top Sales or Marketing Advice – Remember the other 95%. Most online marketing converts about 5%. Using nurture marketing to capture more of the other 95% and it all drops to the bottom line.

His Favorite Productivity Tip – Use a kitchen timer (referred to as an egg or Pomodoro timer) to limit the you spend surfing the web or returning emails.

A Quote that has Inspired Randall’s Success – “Give to get.” Find ways to help other people get what they want and soon they will remember you and help you get what you want.

Key Take-Aways

  • You can learn more about Randall at
  • Sign up for Randall’s FREE monthly webinar on marketing effectiveness

How to subscribe to This Old New Business podcast

Click here to subscribe via iTunes.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher.

Help us Spread the Word

If you enjoyed this episode of This Old New Marketing podcast, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher to leave a rating, write a review, or subscribe.

About the Author:  Jeff Korhan, MBA, is the author of Built-In Social: Essential Social Marketing Practices for Every Small Business and host of This Old New Business podcast.

He helps mainstream businesses adapt their traditional growth practices to a digital world. Connect with Jeff on LinkedInTwitterFacebook, and Google+