This is An Extraordinary Time for Small Businesses
There has never been a better time to start, own, or operate a small business.
We are squarely in a business climate that favors small businesses. Consumers today are making decisions more carefully, and that favors small businesses that they can trust – especially local businesses hey can personally get to know.
Combine this with the fact there are now abundant resources available to help small businesses connect with customers, with the social networks being one of the most notable.
Relevant Mainstream Small Business Experience
Welcome to a place of rationale thinking. If you hang around you will discover tools and best practices that you can readily apply to your business. That’s a promise.
After starting and operating three successful small businesses over the past 3 decades, I’m confident I have walked in shoes (or boots) like yours. That practical experience is applied to filtering the massive amount of information news sources to capture only what is relevant for most mainstream small businesses.
Once, in a while something really nice comes along that I’ll share – but only after I have had direct experience with it myself.
To be perfectly honest, while I enjoy some of the cool things technology does for us, I’m only interested in what you are – what will make my job easier and my business more profitable.
Web Marketing and a Little Bit More
Some of the content you’ll find here will include technology reviews and tips, practical how-to articles, interviews with industry experts, and even a few tips on staying motivated.
Here’s some of the more popular recent articles.
- A perspective on the most common question small businesses have about social media: Business Relationships are Personal
- A review of a handy new tool for accepting credit cards on the fly: Square Makes Credit Card Transactions Simple and Mobile
- Why social media is no longer optional for businesses: Customers Service is Moving Online
- How online retailer Zappos used culture to simplify their success and transform their industry: Culture is King at Zappos
- An extensive review of QR codes with lots of practical examples for making them work in your business: How You Can Grow Your Business with QR Codes
- 3 Hyperlocal Marketing Success Factors describes why it’s one thing to be local, and another to be important to just a few people – your local community.
Still looking for more?
Then consider joining thousands of other small businesses that have signed up for the best we offer. Get our weekly Web Marketing News delivered FREE to your inbox.
Happy to have you here!